[MITgcm-support] calculate zonal mean winds in cube-sphere grid

David Ferreira dfer at mit.edu
Tue Apr 8 21:37:06 EDT 2008

Hi Yuan,
You can't use "calcZonalAvgCube.m" straight on the cube
u and v fields because it doesn't rotate the cube velocities
to the "normal" [U(West to East),V(South to North)]
and it assumes the input field is at the tracer points.
However, this is exactly what rotate_uv2uvEN.m does.
So first, use rotate_uv2uvEN and then you plug the outputs
into calcZonalAvgCube
david