[MITgcm-support] energy diagnostics

Jeff Scott jscott at halo.mit.edu
Tue Apr 1 12:56:35 EDT 2008

Hi Martin,

Several years ago Alistair and I spent a few months checking the KE
balance in the MITGCM, albeit offline (dumping everything every time step,
running sychronously). It took a few months because it was rather a pain
in the neck, mostly because of Adams-Bashforth.

We never did any inline calculations - but I did however document the
calculations and I could send you this if you'd like.

Jeff