[MITgcm-support] z coordinate

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 02:48:33 EST 2007

dear all,

i've been run for 111 (x axis)x 225 (y axis) x 38 (z layer) for non hydrostatic internal wave, but its take to long for computation time on a single processor like i did. 38 layers mean maximum depth (3800 m) divided by  deltaZ (100 m).  Is there any solution to decrease the layers??? What about if i assume the maximum depth only 1000m?? So I only have 10 layers with the similar delta Z (100m). How to treat my case in my code configuration??  Is there anyone using SPGrid beside Ed Hill?? I have a little bit problem using SPGrid.

Thank you,
Rima