[MITgcm-support] sea ice experiment

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 03:12:16 EST 2007

Amitabh, regarding an earlier post, I am not sure if you
already have received an answer:

> Please suggest suitable values for these coefficients
>
> viscAz, viscAh, diffKhT, diffKzT, diffKhS, diffKzS
>
> and deltaT so that the model runs efficiently.

One good place to start is by looking at values from experiments with comparable
resolution.  For your 1x1-degree case, the following experiment may be useful:
http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm/verification/global1x1_tot/input/

D.

--
Dimitris Menemenlis <menemenlis at sbcglobal.net>
5056 Oakwood Ave, La Canada, CA 91011-2450