[MITgcm-support] EXF and time-interpolation again

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Nov 13 10:17:52 EST 2007

Lars,
the time interpolation is linear for the exf package the "generic"
external_fields_load.F routine. In principle you can make
tutorial_global_oce_latlon or global_with_exf  produce exactly the
same results. Patrick and I have once tried this with success
(although it was not easy). Here's what I remember:
1. put the startdata to the middle of the month (15th should work),
this is what is assumed in external_fields_load.F
2. set the exf parameter windstressmax (data.exf, the default is 2.0)
to some very high value that is larger than any of of you windstress
values because in exf_mapfields.F all windstress is capped by
windstressmax.

That should do it.

Martin