[MITgcm-support] EmPmRfile, EmPmR

Martin.Losch at awi.de Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Mar 22 14:11:23 EDT 2007

I do not recommend turning off the salt flux. After all you want salt conservation. The model is doing everything correctly
(salt and volume conservation), if you useRealFreshWaterFlux = .true. Additionally exactConserv=.true., makes the
whole thing a little more accurate, but you do not need to change the code. The fresh water is added elsewhere (would
need to search for it myself, but it's somewhere in integr_continuity/solve_for_pressure/integr_for_w).

Just use
 useRealFreshWaterFlux = .true.,
and maybe
 exactConserv = .true.,
and things should work.

Bye, I am off to vacation now.

M.

Martin Losch
Alfred Wegener Institute
Postfach 120161, 27515 Bremerhaven, Germany;
Tel./Fax: ++49(0471)4831-1872/1797