[MITgcm-support] Buoyancy anomaly

Yi HanSoo yi.hansoo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 02:07:23 EDT 2007

Hi Laure and Christopher

Thanks for your replies.
In my modeling of lake dynamics,
I use the non-hydrostatic through the all experiments
with rather coarse vertical resolution,
 and as you mentioned, the model is forced by momentum flux, heat flux and
pressure at the surface with their hourly variations showing the surface
warming and cooling clearly from the results.
As shown from the plots, the depth (30m) is the almost maximum value in the
lake,
and the negative stratification is getting larger and stronger.
I am not clear with what you said
so could you point me a reference about it?

Lee

--
Lee HanSoo

Ph.D student
Research Center for Fluvial and Coastal Disasters,
Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University,
Gokasho, Uji-si, Kyoto, Japan
611-0011