[MITgcm-support] linear growth of runoff

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Mar 13 21:11:18 EDT 2007

Hi Dimitri,

Trying to help:

If this is the same set-up as the one you were writing on
earlier on this list, subject: "river discharge",
it cannot be any instability: the monitor is telling that
the net global E-P-R is negative and grows linearly, and the SSH
responds accordingly (again, I send a figure which clearly
show this).

If you want something else, you will need to change the forcing
and forcing parameters (data.exf & data.exf_clim or if you
are not using pkg/exf, directly in "data").

If you are using pkg/obcs (open-boundary condition), it's an other
story, and the net inflow/outflow will add a contribution to the SSH.

Jean-Michel