[MITgcm-support] write_state fields incorrect in level 1

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 8 15:19:53 EST 2007

Matt,

let's move this to the devel list since no one outside of devel
will likely know what DIVA (and it's specialies w.r.t. I/O).

As you know the DIVA forward part does not include
all I/O routines properly to avoid spurious recmputations
when trying to fool TAF.
If you can avoid generating I/O during the DIVA, do it that way,
otherwise let's look at your TAF-generated mdthe_main_loop
and mdinitialise_varia and see whether something is missing.

Also, I would highly recommend moving away from
dumpFreq and taveFreq and use diagnostics package instead.

-Patrick