[MITgcm-support] write_state fields incorrect in level 1

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 8 14:59:56 EST 2007

Hello,

So I output yearly mean fields by simply using taveFreq and dumpFreq
in the data file.  My level 1 velocities are not my level 1
velocities.  level 2 to NZ look fine....but level one are odd and far
too large.  For example, their max value it 17.4 but if i like at the
monitor package it says max velocity only reaches 2.  I am using DIVA
and seaice....could something have overwritten the level one velocities?

Thanks,
Matt