[MITgcm-support] diagnostics at last timestep

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 1 13:34:35 EST 2007

Hi Martin,

I looked at the code diagnostics_write.F
and it seems clear that dumpAtLast (which is supposed to do the trick)
is only implemented in conjunction with positive frequency,
i.e. time-averages.
Don't know why that is, and don't see a good reason for it.

If you want to be courageous and test, then change line

           IF ( dumpAtLast .AND. myTime.EQ.endTime
      &                    .AND. freqSec.GE.0. ) dump2fileNow = .TRUE.

(remove ".AND. freqSec.GE.0."),
or wait for the author of diagnostics to reply.

-p.