[MITgcm-support] Suggestions for making MITgcm accessible

Samar Khatiwala spk at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 7 10:21:48 EDT 2007

Hi Jens-Olaf

This is a bit off topic, but just to follow up on your post:

I am currently running the MITgcm on an SX-8 at uni-kiel. This is a
coarse resolution configuration (128 x 64 x 15).
Unfortunately, performance has not be so great and, I am told by
other users of the SX, is significantly below its
theoretical peak. Even less than the 25-35% number you quote.

Perhaps you can advise, off-list, on how I can improve things.

Thanks

Samar