[MITgcm-support] diagnostics of eddies in cube sphere grid

Yuan Lian lian at email.arizona.edu
Tue Jul 31 20:23:38 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to do some diagnostics on eddies in cube-sphere grid
simulations. I have done this in latlon grid simulations and it was very
straight
forward. However, I have some trouble to figure out the C-grid scheme in
cube-sphere grid.

I want to calculate eddy momentum flux and eddy heat flux. What I did
was that I converted all values in cube-sphere grid
to latlon grid, ie, UVtave, uVeltave, vVeltave, VTtave and Ttave, then I
used same method that I used in latlon grid simulations to
calculate all eddy fluxes. Is there better way to do this?

Ed, can matlab codes under
"http://mitgcm.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/eddy_flux/"
do the trick? Thanks!

Cheers,