[MITgcm-support] Antarctic Sea Ice

Amitabh Mitra amitabhmitra1 at rediffmail.com
Mon Jul 30 07:09:47 EDT 2007

 Dear Sir,

 I have combined the 'ocean model' with the 'sea ice

 model' and run it for 10 days with tracer timestep

 of 43200 sec and momentum timestep of 288 sec.

 The model resolution is 0.5° x 0.5° and has 15

 depth levels. The region varies from 178E to 178W

 and 80S to 40S, (i.e. Antarctic & Southern Ocean

 region).

 When I extend this experiment for another 10 days

 the model blows after few minutes with the following

 error message:
SGI_2100 7% mpirun -np 1 ./mitgcmuv
**WARNNING** CONFIG_CHECK: useMNC is TRUE and #undef

ALLOW_MNC
SOLUTION IS HEADING OUT OF BOUNDS: tMin,tMax=

-1.168E+51   7.099E+01
MON_SOLUTION: STOPPING CALCULATION
 S/R EEDIE: Only     0 threads have completed,     1

are expected for this configuration!

 Possibly you have different setenv PARALLEL and

nThreads?
 STOP MON_SOLUTION: STOPPED DUE TO EXTREME VALUES OF

SOLUTION
 STOP
SGI_2100 8%

 Can anyone help me out of this error ?

 Maybe suggest any proper timestep values for such

 high resolution.

 Yours Sincerely,

 Amitabh Mitra