[MITgcm-support] nonlinear free surface and eta

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 20:40:11 EST 2007

hi, all

why we have to choose nonlinear surface or nonhydrostatic in internal wave verification, we cant use both in the same time?? as i know...evolution of solitary wave is much better if we use nonlinear freesurface and nonhydrostatic.

in my case, i choose nonhydrostatic mode rather than nonlinear free surface, as consequences of  it i cant describe OB*Eta at open boundaries, well, i have try to describe OBWEta and OBEEta in obcs_calc.F, but in obcs_apply_eta.F, there some code to set eta = zero at open boundaries except when we use nonlinear free surface, so i always have zero value at open boundaries for eta, any idea to solve it?? where i can found connection between eta(1), eta (2), eta(Nx), eta(Nx-1)??

thank you all,
regards,
rima