[MITgcm-support] hypertext code

Dmitri Leonov dleonov at u.washington.edu
Wed Feb 7 14:08:27 EST 2007

Dear developers/server administrators,

I found the hyperlinked code very useful. The only question is how often
is it updated. There are some pieces in the code that were recently
added (maybe several months ago) but still missing from the hypertext.

For instance, time-dependent runoff ('runoffperiod' parameter is never
used):

http://mitgcm.org/sealion/code_reference/vdb/names/AYT.htm

Regards,
Dmitri.

Patrick Heimbach wrote:
> Tom,
>
> oh, oh, you stumbled over some unfinished code.
> 3dim. relaxation is not implemented all the way to the end.
>
> Unlike for SST, SSS, no fields in the MITgcm kernel exist
> for theta*, salt* onto which exf_mapfields.F would map its
> fields climtemp, climsalt.
> (exf_mapfields maps from the exf variables to the
> MITgcm kernel variables to keep the two well separated).
>
> The decisive routine where the relax. would take place
> and the field is needed is model/src/external_forcing.F
> I'll try to hack something for you tomorrow.
>
> -Patrick

Dmitri A. Leonov
Research Associate, Postdoctoral
University of Washington, School of Oceanography