[MITgcm-support] EVP stability

Jinlun Zhang zhang at apl.washington.edu
Thu Feb 1 19:56:44 EST 2007

Matt,

I don't have much experience with EVP, but here is a paper
http://www.mrcc.uqam.ca/V_f/Publications/articles/Saucier2004_ClimDyn.pdf,
that shows a time step of about 2 s for a resolution of 10km. So perhaps
you could try a smaller dt for your 3.8km grid. Another way to test
whether resolution is an issue is to go to the model to artificially
enlarge the grid size, while not changing anything else.

Jinlun