[MITgcm-support] Problem with EXF package

Abbas Dorostkar abbas.dorostkar at ce.queensu.ca
Thu Dec 6 12:07:52 EST 2007

Hi Van Thinh,
Thank you for prompt reply.
I would like to use wind speed as an input data although I can write a
Matlab routine to convert them to wind stress. Did you use just wind
speed data?
Do you mean that I have to use  EXF package in conjunction with external
forcing through PARM03? If so, You have defined wind stress file at
PARM03 not wind speed. Right? I am a little confused because I read a
post from Martin that periodicExternalForcing=.TRUE. flag does not have
any effect when we use EXF.
(http://forge.csail.mit.edu/pipermail/mitgcm-support/2005-August/003340.
html)

I would be glad if you clarify more