[MITgcm-support] Re: nonHydrostatic

Geoffroy Aubry gaubry at rip.ens-cachan.fr
Thu Aug 9 13:36:53 EDT 2007

Hi,

Dimitris Menemenlis a écrit :
> maybe this truncation error is sufficient to trigger the instabilities that you observe, particularly given the extremely fine resolution that you are using.

I've tried to run an experiment wich a resolution divided by 2
horizontally and vertically, and I still had some velocities, even if
after 50000s there were 7 order of magnitude smaller than before. But if
you wait enough, you always get some huge velocities, and everything
mixed up.

Do you have any clues about why it doesn't blow up with the non
hydrostatic approximation?

--
Geoffroy