[MITgcm-support] Uniform diffkrfile

Geoffroy Aubry gaubry at rip.ens-cachan.fr
Tue Aug 7 15:02:21 EDT 2007

Dimitris Menemenlis a écrit :
> Geof, so what you describe sounds like a possible bug but not in the
> ALLOW_3D_DIFFKR part of the code.  What do you specify for surface
> forcing? Could salinity evolve because of your surface forcing, hence
> causing the changes that you observe?

I don't specify any surface forcing. Enclosed is my data file.

> Could you plot vertical sections of salinity as a function of time ...

I checked, and the salinity output files are all the same

> for i in S.*.data ; do diff -q S.0000000000.001.001.data $i ;done

gives me no output, even in a directory where I have run the experiment
for 6,240,000 timesteps of 5s (ie a little bit less than a year).
And the salinity is 35 everywhere (ie. in 1430 gridboxes) but where
there are walls (=0, 70 gridboxes = 30*2+10)

http://perso.crans.org/gaubry/dossier/stage/salinity_00000.png
http://perso.crans.org/gaubry/dossier/stage/salinity_50000.png

Thank you,
--