[MITgcm-support] Wave damping

Patrick Rosendahl Patrick.Rosendahl at zmaw.de
Mon Apr 16 05:18:00 EDT 2007

Hello Jean-Michel,

maybe there are problems with non-hs. This says the model:

CONFIG_CHECK: nonHydrostatic NOT SAFE with non-fully implicit Barotropic
solver
CONFIG_CHECK: To by-pass thisSTOP, comment this test and re-compile
config_check

The model runs into NaNs pretty quick then. Maybe reducing the timestep
helps, but with smaller timesteps my "old" version works, too.

Thanks for the idea!
Patrick