[MITgcm-support] filter for cubesphere-grid-corners

Andrea Molod molod at ocean.mit.edu
Mon Sep 25 15:07:59 EDT 2006

hi yuan,

good news that changing the numerics for the pressure gradient
term helps with the wave 4 stuff. jean michel will be back next
week and can help you with some info about how to generate the
'better' corner point locations at the resolution you need - i would
guess that this will get rid of most, if not all, of the structures
you are talking about. about ABSOLUTE zonal symmetry, i am not
sure how to get that with this grid....
good luck!
andrea

Andrea M. Molod, PhD.
Department of Earth, Atmospheric & Planetary Sciences
MIT
Tel: (617) 253-5458, Email: amolod at mit.edu
WWW:http://paoc.mit.edu/paoc/people/person.asp?position=Postdoc&who=molod