[MITgcm-support] filter for cubesphere-grid-corners

Yuan Lian lian at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 25 14:54:56 EDT 2006

Hi, Andrea,

I tested the cube sphere grid with three new options you suggested:
 useAbsVorticity=.TRUE.,
 SadournyCoriolis=.TRUE.,
 selectKEscheme=3,

The atmospheric model works much better now. There are still corner
effects (wave number 4 structures) at the beginnning of the simulation
but they will be gone fairly soon. The corner effects in my simulation
now perform as initial perturbations which can break zonal symmetry.

Thanks!

Yuan

>>> Tel: (617) 253-5458, Email: amolod at mit.edu