[MITgcm-support] obcs adjoint issue (I need dynamics.F help)

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Nov 10 03:16:10 EST 2006

Hi Matt,

I have no time to look into this right now, but I suggest, that you
try it yourself: use exp4 and see whether keeping removing the extra
calls to obcs_apply_uv change the result (by running ./testreport -q -
t exp4). If removing a call does change the result, then this call is
necessary. (I believe exp4 does not use the vector invariant moment
equations, but you can put that in for your tests and have an extra
personal verifcation experiment for that case, too).

Are you sure that the odd structions in adgv does not have other
origins?

Martin