[MITgcm-support]*.m files with Octave

Dimitris Menemenlis menemenlis at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 7 05:57:29 EST 2006

Lee, I also occasionally use octave rather than matlab to process mitgcm files.
 This is especially useful on Itanium platforms, for which there is no matlab,
and of course because octave is free.  As long as it is not graphics or
matlab-toolbox related, octave usually works more and more interchangeably with
matlab, especially since octave version 2.1.* was released.  Although I have
never used the mnc routines that you refer to, I suspect that one of your
problems may be that you have not installed a netcdf toolbox.

Good luck and please let this mailing list know if and how you manage to make
the mnc_assembly.m and gluemnc.m routines work with octave.

Cheers, Dimitris