[MITgcm-support] Guide to output variables?

Jody Klymak jklymak at uvic.ca
Mon Nov 6 14:48:24 EST 2006

Hi Christopher,

I don't know what those are either (well, except Xc is centered x, ph
is the streamfunction (I think))

Anyhoo, hope youa re enjoying Scripps so far.  Has Jen hooked you up
with surfboards etc?  You can't be a postdoc there w/o surfing every
day.  Ignore Paola when she suggests that is decadent.

Cheers,  Jody

On Nov 6, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Christopher L. Wolfe wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for a guide to the various standard output variables of
> the MITgcm. I've managed to find a text file which lists the name,
> units, and format of the possible output variables of the
> diagnostics package, but not the standard GFD package. The manual
> does not seem to be much help in this regard. Even the tutorials
> produce outputs for which no explanation is given. For instance,
> the 4-layer baroclinic gyre example creates files with names like
>
> XC.*
> XG.*
> PH.*
> PHL.*
> RAC.*
> RAS.*
> RAW.*
> RAZ.*
>
> which no indication as to what these variables mean. Any help with
> this is greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Christopher

Jody Klymak