[MITgcm-support] log in problems

chris hill cnh at mit.edu
Tue May 30 07:28:38 EDT 2006

Hi Greg,

  At the moment ( 7.20AM, Tuesday ) I am having probs logging in to
the authors network machines. I have tried

   faulks.csail
   orwell.csail
   eddy.csail

either directly from my laptop or indirectly via ocean.mit and ao.csail.
In all cases the login hangs fairly near the end e.g.

> debug1: Next authentication method: password
> cnh at eddy.csail.mit.edu's password:
> debug1: Authentication succeeded (password).
> debug1: channel 0: new [client-session]
> debug1: Entering interactive session.

- or -

> debug1: Authentications that can continue: publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password
> debug1: Next authentication method: publickey
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/cnh/.ssh/identity
> debug1: Trying private key: /home/cnh/.ssh/id_rsa
> debug1: Offering public key: /home/cnh/.ssh/id_dsa

in both cases the session just sits there and does not return a login
prompt.

Can you take a look.

Thanks,

Chris