[MITgcm-support] new compile fails

Michael Schaferkotter (Contractor) Michael.Schaferkotter at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue Mar 28 19:09:07 EST 2006

ed hill wrote:

so the error you report should have been caught months ago by our
routine testing.  I suspect that you have an odd mix of old and new
files -- probably caused by an incomplete CVS update where some files
were updated and some weren't.

Could you please get a fresh (completely new) copy of MITgcm from CVS
and try to reproduce the above error?  I suspect that a completely new
checkout (please start with an empty directory) will not have this
problem.

hi ed:

ok. i checked out a fresh MITgcm via cvs and the build proceded to completion.

i periodically update the repository. i may be guilty of waiting awhile to do this,
but i don/t move files in and out, just update via cvs.
so, i don/t understand why we have to periodically start all over again.

all/s well that ends well.

thanx!

michael