[MITgcm-support] MPI run: unable to open a GM port

Sergey Vinogradov svinogra at aer.com
Wed Mar 22 09:31:16 EST 2006

Hi:

I try to compile/run MITgcm for 4 processors on linux ia32 cluster with
mpif77/mpicc.
A compilation doesn't give me any problems, but execution fails with a
following error:

Error: Unable to open a GM port ! (4 times)

First I thought it is a queueing problem, but I get the same result even
if I start it interactively.
Did anyone experience anything similar to that? I'd appreciate any
help/hints/hypotheses.

Thanks a lot,

--
Sergey Vinogradov, Ph.D.,