[MITgcm-support] teething.. genmake2 with gfortran

jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Jun 30 02:16:01 EDT 2006

Hi Ed,

You're my hero!  It worked, with a very satisfying
STOP NORMAL END   (-:   this has made my week!

> Fedora Core 2 is *old*.  Why would you even try it?  The current
> versionis Core 5.  Its entirely possible (likely, even) that you
> were trying to
> "yum install ..." things that simply do not exist for Core 2 but do
> exist for Core 5.

I've been away from home and at the mercy of strange sysmanagers who know more than me for linux help!  but that's changing with every chapter of my lovely new copy of Running Linux i read (and with help from mitgcm-support..).  Perhaps i'll allot half a day to the netcdf build, and if it doesn't work, i'll switch to a new fedora (which i do have on disk - 2nd sight -as fallback in case suse didn't work).

hopefully you won't be hearing from me for a little while..  thanks again,
jill.