[MITgcm-support] KPP and MLDs questions

Lars Czeschel l.czeschel at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jun 27 13:25:13 EDT 2006

Hi Galen,

Wich kind of surface forcing do you use?

In an 1*1 North Atlantic setup I first use
prescribed heat fluxes (NCEP) + SST restoring (WOA98)
which results in much too
deep MLDs in late winter, regardless of using
kpp, implicit diffusion or just convective adjustment.

The situation changed after using bulk
formulae with prescribed spec. humidity,
air temperature, long- and shortwave radiation.
(no SST restoring!)

ECCO_CPPOPTIONS.h:
#define  ALLOW_ATM_TEMP
#undef  ALLOW_ATM_WIND