[MITgcm-support] How to get checkpoint56.

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Fri Jun 23 10:41:32 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 21:33 +0800, Brainf wrote:
> Dear Ed Hill,
>     I use the latest version , But when I try to comment out the lines "implicSurfPress" "implicDiv2DFlow", "nonlinFreeSurf" and "exactConserv" any of them program will aborted with error:
>
> (PID.TID 0000.0001) S/R INI_PARMS ; starts to read PARM01
> namelist read: read unexpected character
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> Legg said he had no problem commenting out them with checkpoint56,so I want to same version with him.

Hi "brainf",

The above error indicates that you used improper namelist syntax and
*no* version of MITgcm (current or past) is going to fix that problem --
its very likely your fault.  You need to be careful with the namelist
syntax.  Have you made certain that all your comment characters ('#')
are in the very first position of each line?  Thats a likely problem but
there are many other ways that you can violate Fortran namelist syntax.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
office:  MIT Dept. of EAPS 54-1424;  77 Massachusetts Ave.
emails:  eh3 at mit.edu                ed at eh3.com
phone:   617-253-0098
fax:     617-253-4464