[MITgcm-support] cvs communication problem

jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de
Fri Jun 23 01:05:39 EDT 2006

Hello,

First up, i'd like to inform you that i'm hoping/intending to use the MITgcm code for coupled ocean-ice-ecosystem studies in the ross sea.  Touch wood.

First hurdle:  i'm trying to get the MITgcm code via cvs, from an institute which doesn't allow me to call mitgcm.org; that is, when i do
cvs login
with  CVSROOT set as :pserver.... at mitgcm.org:.....
the local network will not allow me outgoing access, and the administrator is adamant that they won't bend this rule.  Instead, they demand an actual IP address (111.222.333.444 format).   So CVSROOT would be set to :pserver:cvsanon at 111.222.333.444:/u/gcmpack' .
Is this possible?

Thanks,
jill.
Dr Jill N Schwarz
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar & Marine Research
Postfach 12 0161
27515 Bremerhaven
Germany
tel:  +49 471 4831 1714