[MITgcm-support] couplimg to EBM

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 26 12:04:18 EDT 2006

Hi Chris, Hezi,

I assume(?), Hezi knows the pkg/ebm model since
Yossi Ashkenazy has been using (and improving?) that one.
So it seems they'd like to try a different one.

The question seems whether you'd like to go through
the coupler (which means you'd have to run on several processors),
or whether you'd just interface through the fluxes Qnet, EmPmR,
i.e. follow the way ebm/ interfaces with the model.
If the latter, not sure whether there's a straightforward way
of doing asynchronous timestepping (although shouldn't be too
hard to do via different_multiple).

-Patrick