[MITgcm-support] couplimg to EBM

chris hill cnh at mit.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:24:11 EDT 2006

Hi Hezi,

  We have an energy balance model that is a included as a set of
routines in pkg/ebm.
  This is based on the stuff described here

C      References:
C      * X. Wang, P. Stone and J. Marotzke, 1999:
C        Global thermohaline circulation. Part I:
C        Sensitivity to atmospheric moisture transport.
C        J. Climate 12(1), 71-82
C      * X. Wang, P. Stone and J. Marotzke, 1999:
C        Global thermohaline circulation. Part II:
C        Sensitivity with interactive transport.
C        J. Climate 12(1), 83-91
C      * M. Nakamura, P. Stone and J. Marotzke, 1994:
C        Destabilization of the thermohaline circulation
C        by atmospheric eddy transports.
C        J. Climate 7(12), 1870-1882

  this has been used in both forward simulations and adjoint sensitivity
work (see attached - password JCLI3821). Not sure if this would work for
you.

Chris

P.S. Whats going on in Israel? Are you surviving?