[MITgcm-support] no mnc output files with -enable=mnc

Martin Losch mlosch at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Jul 5 02:28:53 EDT 2006

Hi Jill,
this time I read your email starting at the end to make sure I don't
miss it (o:

In order to get mnc-output you need to do 3 things:
1. compile with mnc, you have done that (instead of the -enable=mnc
flag you could put a line "mnc" into ../code/packages.conf)
2. enable the package at runtime, that is in your data.pkg you should
have a line " useMNC=.TRUE.,"
3. create a data.mnc file (as for every other package there needs to
be data.pkgname for mnc too), where you can set mnc-specific runtime
flags.

I assume that you haven't done 2. and 3. For an example with mnc that
is similar to verification/exp2 have a look at verification/
global_ocean.90x40x15 (which incidentally is a bit more realistic
than exp2 with seasonal forcing and a nonlinear equation of state).

Martin