[MITgcm-support] no mnc output files with -enable=mnc

jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de jschwarz at awi-bremerhaven.de
Wed Jul 5 02:13:39 EDT 2006

Hullo,

running genmake with -enable=mnc, i don't seem to get any mnc output files..  as many specific details as i thought useful are pasted below (what i ran, where i've checked..).
Grateful for any ideas!

Also, is there somewhere you can/should set $ROOTDIR ?
jill.

tasman:/usr/MITgcm/verification/exp2/build # ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code -of ../../../tools/build_options/linux_ia32_gfortran_jill -enable=mnc

---------------->works fine and tells me (abridged):
===  Checking system libraries  ===
  Do we have the system() command using gfortran...  yes
  Do we have the fdate() command using gfortran...  yes
  Do we have the etime() command using gfortran...  yes
  Can we call simple C routines (here, "cloc()") using gfortran...  yes
  Can we unlimit the stack size using gfortran...  yes
  Can we register a signal handler using gfortran...  yes
  Can we use stat() through C calls...  yes
  Can we create NetCDF-enabled binaries...  yes
    packages are:   cd_code debug generic_advdiff mdsio mnc mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv monitor rw
  applying package dependency rules
    packages are:   cd_code debug generic_advdiff mdsio mnc mom_common mom_fluxform mom_vecinv monitor rw

tasman:/usr/MITgcm/verification/exp2/build # make depend
tasman:/usr/MITgcm/verification/exp2/build # make CLEAN
---------------------> work fine.

tasman:/usr/MITgcm/verification/exp2/build # make
-------------------->  reports a few warnings but no errors, and ends on:

make: warning:  Clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete.

tasman:/usr/MITgcm/verification/exp2/build # ./mitgcmuv > output.txt
-------------> works fine, provides much detail in output.txt and completes on:
STOP NORMAL END

In the build directory, the mnc* files are .h, .o, .f, .F;  specifically:
# ls mnc*
mnc_common.h      mnc_cw_init.o             mnc_dim.F        mnc_init.F
mnc_create_dir.c  mnc_cw_model_attr.F       mnc_dim.f        mnc_init.f
mnc_create_dir.o  mnc_cw_model_attr.f       mnc_dim.o        mnc_init.o
mnc_cw_citer.F    mnc_cw_model_attr.o       mnc_dump.F       mnc_readparms.F
mnc_cw_citer.f    mnc_cw_udim.F             mnc_dump.f       mnc_readparms.f
mnc_cw_citer.o    mnc_cw_udim.f             mnc_dump.o       mnc_readparms.o
mnc_cw_cvars.F    mnc_cw_udim.o             mnc_file.F       mnc_utils.F
mnc_cw_cvars.f    mnc_cw_write_grid_info.F  mnc_file.f       mnc_utils.f
mnc_cw_cvars.o    mnc_cw_write_grid_info.f  mnc_file.o       mnc_utils.o
mnc_cw_fsize.c    mnc_cw_write_grid_info.o  mnc_grid.F       mnc_var.F
mnc_cw_fsize.o    mnc_cwrapper.F            mnc_grid.f       mnc_var.f
mnc_cw_init.F     mnc_cwrapper.f            mnc_grid.o       mnc_var.o
mnc_cw_init.f     mnc_cwrapper.o            mnc_id_header.h

i've checked all the directories und /exp2 for mnc* and MNC* output files, or an mnc_test_$DATE_$SEQ- format directory name.  Do i need to set another flag somewhere to force creation of netcdf output?