[MITgcm-support] Compiling with optfile at NCAR on lightning

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 23 21:39:56 EST 2006

Hi Galen,

the model has been quite frequently run on
lightning using MPI.

Your problem sounds suspiciously like a setup problem,
as a consequence of which only 1 processor will
compute over part of the domain only.
But hard to tell for sure from your mail.

Maybe send us (off the list) some paths
on lightning where you compile and run
(in case they are world-readable).

-Patrick