[MITgcm-support] Compiling with optfile at NCAR on lightning

Galen McKinley galen at aos.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 23 19:45:43 EST 2006

Has anyone had success compiling on lightning at NCAR with an optfile like
linux_amd64_pgf77+mpi_ncar?

I am able to run on Lightning if I don't specify an optfile when using
genmake. However, I need to figure out how to use MPI and NetCDF, so I need
an optfile.

Using linux_amd64_pgf77+mpi_ncar or similar, I find that the North Atlantic
setup we are using only reads in the bathymetry up to 70N and then chops
everything off to the North. All looks fine up to that point. This does not
happen if I compile without an optfile. I get the same problem with and
without NetCDF and MPI.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Galen

Galen A. McKinley, Assistant Professor
Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences                         608 262 4817
University of Wisconsin - Madison        www.aos.wisc.edu/~galen/