[MITgcm-support] instantaneous density anomaly diagnostics

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 13 10:26:26 EST 2006

Sergey,

that's a good question, and I pass it to the list,
but don't know the asnwer right now.

What you're looking for is an offset time interval,
and I don't know whether such is implemented.

-Patrick

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 10:06, Sergey Vinogradov wrote:
> Patrick:
> One more thing:
> with a frequency -21600 sec, and dt=1200 sec, the diagnostics output
> starts dumping from step 9 with interval of 18 steps. Is there any way
> to make it start from step 0 with a step 18? I guess I know where this
> shortcoming comes from (it just takes a value in the middle of the
> averaging window), and I can always set frequency to 10800 sec (9
> steps), and remove all 9, 27, ... steps, but I'd like to check if such
> option is implemented
> Thanks

Patrick Heimbach   Massachusetts Institute of Technology
FON: +1/617/253-5259                  EAPS, Room 54-1518
FAX: +1/617/253-4464             77 Massachusetts Avenue
mailto:heimbach at mit.edu               Cambridge MA 02139
http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach/                        USA