[MITgcm-support] Compiling problem

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 15 22:37:30 EST 2006

Hi Uli,

Just like the error says, it cannot find your mpif.h file.  You need
to locate this file.  Once located you can copy it to your build
directory, or better yet, set a path to it (this is safer in case it
gets modified in the future).  It is likely that in your opt file you
have already set some paths and thats why you get:
> not in /opt/ifort/8.0.044/include/mpif.h
so you just need to find where this file is hiding.  If you tell the
list what machine you're working on I bet someone could help you.

Good luck,
Matt