[MITgcm-support] MDSWRITEFIELD, diagnostic package , interface elevation

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 22:53:24 EST 2006

Hi MITgcm,
Hi jill,
i cant find MDSWRITEFIELD subroutine.  in /MITgcm/pkg/mdsio/mdsio_writefield.F just found CALL MDSWRITEFIELD_NEW(
     I                        fName,filePrec,globalFile,.FALSE.,
     I                        arrType,nNz,nNz,arr,irecord,
     I                        myIter,myThid )

but i dont know where is MDSWRITEFIELD_NEW.F ...

by the way, i've seen diagnostic package you've told me...specially diagnostic_main_init.F and diagnostic_out.F, but i dont know how to modify the routines, i do not familiar with the syntax/code/variables, for example i'd like to write out OBWu profiles at each time step in an output file. Can you give me the steps?? what routines i should modify??

what variable for D (total depth)=H (bathymetri depth)+ eta (elevation) in MITgcm??

do you know about Eta output file in internal wave verification?? it shows free surface elevation or interface elevation??

thank you,
regards
-rima-