[MITgcm-support] Where can download monthly net heat flux data directly?

Brainf brainf at 163.com
Thu Dec 21 21:21:52 EST 2006

Hi,
   I want make Qnet.bin for my interest area (1/4-deg). Does the net heat flux data can  be downloaded directly ?
if We must count it by ourselves, Where to download net longwave radiation flux (NLWRF)? I found  NCEP "net longwave radiation"( nswrs.mon.mean.nc) in http://www.cdc.noaa.gov/cdc/data.ncep.reanalysis.derived.surfaceflux.html ,
But the file name has no "flux" word , is the flux data what I need? The same question with net longwave radiation Monthly Mean.
   And than use the formula NHF = NSWRF - (NLWF + NSHF + NHLF). Is this formula correct? Or NCEP data has right sign, I just use NHF = NSWRF + NLWF + NSHF + NHLF is ok?  NHF=net heat flux, NLWRF=net longwave radiation flux ,
net sensible heat flux (NSHF), net latent heat flux (NHLF).

Best regards.

Brainf
brainf at 163.com
2006-12-22