[MITgcm-support] mdsreadfield

Riema Rachmayani imoth_22 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 05:18:39 EST 2006

    MDSREADFIELD : filename: sill.OK,  sill.OK.001.001.data
      MDSREADFIELD : files do not exist
      STOP ABNORMAL END : S/R MDSREADFIELD statement executed

      sill.OK is bathyfile I have as input file in an big endian  data

      I believe something wrong when read the bathyfile in /MITgcm/pkg/mdsio/mdsio_readfield.F

      C Of course, we only open the file if the tile is  "active"
      C (This is a place-holder for the active/passive mechanism
               if (exst)  then
                if (  debugLevel .GE. debLevA ) then
                  write(msgbuf,'(a,a)')
           &      ' MDSREADFIELD: opening file:  ',dataFName(1:pIL+13)
                 call  print_message( msgbuf, standardmessageunit,
           &                         SQUEEZE_RIGHT , mythid)
                endif
                 length_of_rec=MDS_RECLEN( filePrec, sNx, mythid )
                open( dUnit,  file=dataFName, status='old',
           &        access='direct', recl=length_of_rec )
                fileIsOpen=.TRUE.
               else
                fileIsOpen=.FALSE.
                write(msgbuf,'(4a)') ' MDSREADFIELD: filename: ',
            &             fName(1:IL),' , ', dataFName(1:pIL+13)
                call  print_message( msgbuf, standardmessageunit,
            &                         SQUEEZE_RIGHT , mythid)
                call print_error( msgbuf, mythid )
                write(msgbuf,'(a)')
           &      ' MDSREADFIELD:  Files do not exist'
                call print_message( msgbuf,  standardmessageunit,
            &                         SQUEEZE_RIGHT , mythid)
                call print_error( msgbuf, mythid )
                stop 'ABNORMAL END: S/R MDSREADFIELD'
               endif
              endif

      but why??something I forgot?? Something to do with Read the bathymetry  using the mid-level I/O pacakage read_write_rec??

      in read_write_rec.flow

      C----------------------------------------
      C subroutine   set_write_global_rec
      C----------------------------------------
      CADJ SUBROUTINE set_write_global_rec  INPUT   = 1
      CADJ SUBROUTINE set_write_global_rec  OUTPUT =

      C----------------------------------------
      C subroutine   read_rec_xy_rs
      C----------------------------------------
      CADJ SUBROUTINE read_rec_xy_rs   INPUT   = 1,  3,4,5
      CADJ SUBROUTINE read_rec_xy_rs   OUTPUT =    2

      C----------------------------------------
      C subroutine   write_rec_xyz_rl
      C----------------------------------------
      CADJ SUBROUTINE write_rec_xyz_rl  INPUT   = 1,2,3,4,5
      CADJ SUBROUTINE write_rec_xyz_rl  OUTPUT =

      dear  MITgcm,
      when  i've been run internal wave for new case, i have  problems  when read  the input bathyfile.
      appears  error message :

      MDSREADFIELD  : filename: sill.OK, sill.OK.001.001.data
      MDSREADFIELD  : files do not exist
      STOP  ABNORMAL END : S/R MDSREADFIELD statement executed

      sill.OK is bathyfile I have as input file in an big  endian file

[...]

  thank you,
  regards,
    rima