[MITgcm-support] external forcing input interpolation

Patrick Heimbach heimbach at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 23 15:53:03 EDT 2006

Hi Nicolas,

a trivial example,
mapping 90x40x15 onto itself is in
verification/global_with_exf/input/data.exf

-p.

On Wed, 2006-08-23 at 15:17, Dimitris Menemenlis wrote:
> > 1- How is the interpolation in longitude done since there
> >      is no specification of the longitude range of the model
> >      grid in the "data" file (like there is in latitude by specifying
> >     phiMin)?
>
> for longitude there is thetamin, which defaults to 0 if not specified
>
> > 1.5- If i am correct and by checking the code, field_lon_inc
> >     and field_lat_inc can be negative, right?
>
> I have never tried negative increments
>
> > 2- I don't understand in the manual (page 299) and in the
> >     global_with_exf exemple, the value for hflux_lat_inc=39*4.
> >
> >    Shouldn't that be just: hflux_lat_inc=4    ?
> >
> >    Or if not, shouldn't we have hflux_lon_inc=89*4   ?
>
> hflux_lat_inc is a vector, which allows variable meridional spacing of input grid
>
> hflux_lon_inc is a scalar, that is, it assumes homogeneous zonal spacing of
> input grid

Dr Patrick Heimbach | heimbach at mit.edu | http://www.mit.edu/~heimbach
MIT | EAPS, 54-1518 | 77 Massachusetts Ave | Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
FON: +1-617-253-5259 | FAX: +1-617-253-4464 | SKYPE: patrick.heimbach