[MITgcm-support] Re: non-MDSIO input files

Dmitri Leonov dleonov at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 10 16:54:21 EDT 2006

Hello Ed,

Thank you for the script. That's what I needed.
>> For a serial 1-tile run I can modify the wrong 'grid.t001.nc' file and
>> restart the model with readgrid_mnc turned on. Will that work? How do I
>> use readgrid_mnc with multiple tiles?
>>

> I don't understand the above paragraph.  What do you mean by the "modify
> the wrong..." comment?  If you try to restart with different grids then

I meant restarting from the same initial conditions. The 'false' start
was needed only to output a grid netcdf file with the right structure -
just because it's easier to modify an existing netcdf file (using
ncsave) than to create a new one. But now it's not a problem. (Haven't
tried the script yet but hope it works)

Regards,

Dmitri