[MITgcm-support] How to convert THETA 's unit degK into degC?

Matthew Mazloff mmazloff at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 9 22:09:25 EDT 2006

Hi,

The MITgcm uses potential temperature in K for the atmosphere and in
deg C (referenced to 0 db) for the ocean;  negative values are to be
expected in the ocean.

I've attached two matlab routines that will allow you to transfer to
and from pot. temp. for sea water

-matt