Re: Re: [MITgcm-support] How to convert THETA 's unit degK into degC?

Brainf brainf at 163.com
Wed Aug 9 22:03:31 EDT 2006

Dear Yuan Lian,
    Maybe you can see some hydrogThetaFile:'T.init',
like verification/plume_on_slope
It's initial tempeture field is random perturbations,and The
perturbations have range 0 − 0.01 ◦K.  That is to say the max value is  0.01 K?
If this is  thermodynamic Temperature, that too low. It will no water but ice ?

and when you run it,  you can read T.0000010530.001.001.data or some other T data,
All  it will  negative potential temperature.

>Could you please show me where you saw negative potential temperature?
>Potential temperature is defined as theta=(Pref/P)^kappa*T where T is
>temperature in K. Thus potential temperature has to be positive.
>
>Yuan

Best regards.
Brainf
brainf at 163.com