[MITgcm-support] noise in high resolution run

Baylor Fox-Kemper baylor at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 5 10:39:35 EDT 2006

Hi Nicolas,
   Things to try:
   1) You are using no_slip_sides=.false., it seems from your
velocity fields.  Might be interesting to try .true. This will change
the solutions dramatically, but if it gets rid of the noise then we
know where to look.
   2) Try usejamartwetpoints=.true.  This may help your w field near
walls...
   3) You might try different advection schemes for tracers, too.
There have been some issues of 'digging' near boundaries with some of
the schemes.  I personally like tempadvscheme=33 and
saltadvscheme=33.  This may make diagnosis a bit more difficult but
will reduce certain kinds of 'noise'.
   Hope that helps,
     -Baylor