[MITgcm-support] model statistics monitoring

David Wang climater at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 07:35:52 EDT 2005

Hello all,

Multi-tile experiments generate a bunch of standard output files
(STDOUT.0000, STDOUT.0001, etc for my cases). But I found that all these
files contain exactly the same values of monitoring quantities
(dynstat_* and others), which, I suspect, are global (i.e., the entire
model domain) statistics. I am wondering if there is a way to let each
standard output have its own tile-specified monitoring statistics, or
more desirably, the statistics for any arbitrary subdomains, w/o
extracting them from three-dimensional mdsio snapshots, which, in some
circumstances (say, long time runs), unnecessarily consume too much
drive space.

Thanks,
- D.W.